Friday, November 13, 2009

bundle up baby!

On November 5th Leia hit her 3 month mark. I have decided to let her soothe herself to sleep. With Ella I kept feeding her at night until her 6 month check up where the doctor said to stop the night time feedings. She was a fat baby and did not need to eat. Boy that was a rough time... Ryan missed the month of screaming torture because he was out of town on a rotation...lucky him.

I read an article a week ago about at 3 months babies can start learning how to soothe themselves to sleep so I thought what the heck I'll try it on Leia. She cried a little the first two nights but the last three has been rather good. She sleeps from around 10pm to 5:30 or 6 am. Once I think she is completely adjusted she will be moving in with Ella. That should be interesting.

No check up this month so no stats. However she is chillin' more on the floor. When I show her an object she grabs at it, actually will take the object and try to shove it into her mouth. It's very entertaining to watch. She also smiles more at her brother and sister. They love to entertain her and she enjoys more interacting with them.

One surprise about parenthood is how much joy I feel when my kids interact in a loving way to each other. If it is just playing, giving hugs and kisses to each other before bed or just showing compassion when one of them is hurt or sad. It's just so sweet to see those moments happen... if only it was more frequent. One thing is for sure, Jonathan and Ella have both developed a soft spot for Leia... she is so dang cute!

Fall has brought cold weather so Leia is now bundled up when heading out to the bus stop. I took a few pictures yesterday and Ryan wanted them posted. Here they are...