For months now Jonathan had three loose teeth. One of the front teeth has been especially wiggly. He was even sent to the nurse during school because he was wiggling it so much it started to bleed. After much wiggling and patience the tooth came out late Thursday night. So late in fact he did not tell anyone about it until Friday morning. Unfortunately, the Tooth Fairy was not notified either because I was woken up Friday morning by a disappointed boy.
To make sure the Tooth Fairy would come Friday night, as he was preparing for bed I heard him say," Noooo!!!" When I checked in on him, sure enough, he could not find the tooth. This would be 2 out of three teeth he has lost before the Tooth Fairy came... not a good track record. He told me he put it on his dresser so I checked all the surface area plus the floor just in case it fell... but no tooth. I asked him if he put it somewhere else, like on his desk, and he said, "No mom, I am 100% sure I put it on my dresser!" He then pointed to the exact spot. I decided to check his desk anyway and as I was thinking about how messy his desk was and wasn't sure if would find it amongst the legos, books and papers...ta da, found it! He picked up the tooth, wanted to clean it one last time and started off to the bathroom. A friend of his had an extra clean tooth and received $20.00 so Jonathan was quite motivated to make his tooth equal with twenty dollar standards. I stopped him, made sure the tooth was in a plastic baggy and he tucked it safely under his pillow.
So this morning nothing was mentioned about the Tooth Fairy. Did she come? Where is his tooth? I'm still waiting to find out! This is just another reminder that my boy is growing up. (sigh!)