Everything ended up being low key since the kids were still recovering from whatever they had. I did not make a cake because the kids were not well enough to eat it and I thought it would be torture to make it, sing Happy Birthday and then tell them, "sorry you can't have cake, you're sick." That's just mean. Ryan did get few pieces of cake from the store which we ate after the kids went to bed. Modifications need to be made at times to keep a happy home.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Ryan's b-day
On August 7th Ryan turned 34! Boy, we are getting old... I'm not too far behind him. I guess the biggest gift was bringing his new daughter home from the hospital. The kids made cards for him earlier in the week and we hid them and the present under Jonathan's bed just in case I would be in the hospital for the big day. So Jonathan was in charge of keeping the birthday stuff hidden.
Everything ended up being low key since the kids were still recovering from whatever they had. I did not make a cake because the kids were not well enough to eat it and I thought it would be torture to make it, sing Happy Birthday and then tell them, "sorry you can't have cake, you're sick." That's just mean. Ryan did get few pieces of cake from the store which we ate after the kids went to bed. Modifications need to be made at times to keep a happy home.
Jonathan showing Ryan the card he made. He drew a picture of Bumblebee, one of daddy's favorite Transformers, and made it pop out of the card.
.JPG)
I restored Ryan's childhood blanket, something Ryan has asked for many times but I never got around to. I can't remember if it was later that night or the next day the boys hung out together with their blankets. Every Southworth has one ( at least from Ryan's generation), so they are a BIG deal in our home.
Everything ended up being low key since the kids were still recovering from whatever they had. I did not make a cake because the kids were not well enough to eat it and I thought it would be torture to make it, sing Happy Birthday and then tell them, "sorry you can't have cake, you're sick." That's just mean. Ryan did get few pieces of cake from the store which we ate after the kids went to bed. Modifications need to be made at times to keep a happy home.