On Tuesday I bought a scooter for Jonathan. We live on a hill so riding his bike and skating have been rather challenging for him. I noticed the kids around here ride scooters, so now Jonathan has one. So far he's had a lot of fun, except for the fact he has no one to scooter with. I caught a picture of him scootering down the hill.
As for Ella, she is not as interested. She tried her own "ride" but the dirt was more interesting. She has been fascinated with dirt ever since she was able to crawl to our indoor tree and grab the dirt out of it. Now she can say the word dirt, so she likes to go over, pick up some dirt, bring it over to me and say; "dirt"... cute but messy. Now I have to tell her, "no dirt", but Ella being her tricky self will still pick it up one more time.
As a side note she says, "I love you", but it is a little muddled... afterall she is only 15 months old.
As another side note, I feel really blessed to be living here. When deciding if we should move out of state, we asked Jonathan what he wanted in a place to live. He told us that he wanted to live somewhere where he could ride his bike. (We would not let him ride on the sidewalk in front of our other home because it was too dangerous. Cars would drive too fast down the street.) Now Jonathan can play outside in a nice safe area... but instead of a bike, it seems to be a scooter.