Taking care of 4 kids pretty much alone since Ryan is super busy finishing up residency has left me with very little time to do anything else. Hence the reason why I never posted for her at 5 months. I finally got a clue and realized I better post now while I have the time because let's face it, if I wait until 6 months, I'll forget and then will be 2 months behind. Sigh.
Audrey has more control over her body and can roll from her back to chest. She finally was able to move her body past the arm that kept getting in the way. She doesn't really like to move from her chest to back though.
She also likes to grab things. On black Friday I had some sparkly red ribbon next to her feet and she spent the whole time moving it around, trying desperately to get it close enough to her hands so she could grab it. She can hold on to some of her toys and will even start the music on her piggie toy by kicking it or grabbing the handle and pulling down. It's been hard giving her tummy time away from the crazies but when she has it, most of the time it is enjoyable.
I am behind on the feeding game but I finally dug out the high chair, cleaned it up and gave Audrey her first taste of rice cereal. The verdict...
... at first wondered what I was doing and then gave me a "gross mom" look. We'll keep trying little one and see what happens.
Last but not least, she LOVES to babble. Yet another talker in the family. Yikes. What have I got myself into. She squeals at who ever she wants to look at her and has giggle spells when one of us makes silly faces or does a crazy dance in front of her. It is THE BEST noise to hear... puts a smile on all our faces.



